ICF-Tech is a company founded back in 2004 to bring the Insulated Concrete Form technology to the construction market.
Our system has been conceived, designed and manufactured here in the UK; our aim was to create a product that will meet the UK standards of constructability and sustainability while seamlessly incorporating existing construction systems and materials.
“Insulated concrete forms” is one of the systems classified as “modern method of construction”.
The ICF-Tech walling system comprises two faces of dense fire-retardant EPS (insulation layers) joined by a plastic web that creates a cavity between the two faces; the cavity is then filled with concrete (structural core).
The combination of the EPS and the plastic provides a very efficient method of construction, and adding the concrete into the process provides a robust and long lasting structure.
The construction process is simple and intuitive:
- Once a traditional foundation is in place, the external walls are erected using our system, one storey at a time.
- Once the walls reach the desired floor height, the concrete is pumped from the top of the wall (max. height of 3.15m).
- While the concrete cures, the intermediate floor (or roof) is installed.
- Once the floor surface is finished, the next storey of the ICF formwork can be started and the process is repeated until the building is finished.
Our system is suitable for buildings up to 5 storeys high and can be used alongside any type of flooring, both concrete or timber based.
The external finishes to the ICF-Tech system include flexible render, timber or fibre cement cladding, brick or stone cladding.
The saving that the system offers in the current competitive market are highlighted in different areas:
For the builder/developer
- The reduce size of heating systems that will meet the requirement of building regulations, based on the U values and air tightness of the structure
- The speed of construction which in turn will reduce the installation, facilities and auxiliaries cost.
- The minimum time and cost of re-sealing the structure.
- Minimum cost of training and installation.
- Help with the reduction of CO2 emissions by providing meaningful levels off insulation and air tightness.
For the final user
- An energy efficient building that will save on energy cost
- A reduce CO2 emission home